Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grandparents Day

Friday was Grandparents Day at Connor and Kaelene's school. Fortunately, Connor and Kaelene have their 'Minnesota Grandma.' Helen is a dear friend of ours. Wade went to science camp (yes, you read that right) for years with her son and she has been family since we have moved here 9 years ago. Helen graciously attended the whole day event. And Wade and I were lucky enough to have her for lunch in between visits to the kid's classes. I forgot to take any pictures so I included this recent one. We had had dinner and camped at Helen's amazing farm in September. We are smiling because our bellies are full of good food and smores. We love you Helen. Thanks for always being there.

3 comments:

Welsch Family said...

My favorite thing about this picture is the miner's light. You can take the boy out of Nevada, but you can't take the Nevada out of the boy!

-Nick

P.S. Alyssa is expecting our 3rd. Late May or early June.

reba said...

What an awesome lady! I'm so glad that the kids got to have a Helen there for Grandparents day!!

Carolyn Hanson said...

This is so cute, Steph. I noticed the miner's light on Wade too. I wear one too at night when I'm reading in bed and Jeff is sleeping. :)

So, I'm back in town! Let's get together, okay? I'll give you that vanilla syrup recipe.