Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Day of School

These pictures of Connor and Kaelene are the perfect example of the personality differences of these 2. Kaelene was super-excited and ready for anything. Connor was excited but nervous. When it was time to line-up and go in. Kaelene was waving and saying something like, "Ok Mom, you can leave now."

Connor, who started 2 days before Kaelene, and is a second grader wasn't sure about lining up by himself so I waited until the bell rang. And then as tears welled-up in his eyes he begged that I come in with him. I hesitated, wanting him to do it himself but I decided that I would do it just for today. Then the next day, as I dropped Connor off I waited in the
car to see if he was ok. I suddenly lost sight of him so I looked all around to see if he'd found someone to
play with. Well, just then I hear a knock on the passenger-side window and Connor says, "Mom! DRIVE AWAY!"
And that is
how it
goes...Connor is always fine once he figures it out but Kaelene is the one that just dives right in. They are so different but I couldn't love them individually more!

P.S. This is Kaelene's glass of milk that she left on the table at breakfast. I couldn't help but get a bit emotional because I knew she wouldn't be coming back anytime soon to finish it.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So Cute! Maybe I should do a belated first day of school post?

Yearsley couple said...

O my heavens I remember babysitting them when they were in diapers. They are so adorable. I totally agree with the diff. personalities. All 9 of us kids are a diff. flavor. My poor mother. hehe love ya tons

reba said...

They look so great on the 1st day of school!!! Connor so handsome and Kaelene so beautiful yet spunky! Miss you guys!

birdmama said...

The kids look adorable! That last bit about the milk made me get all teary.

Dan Weber said...

What bittersweet memories. Steph, I see so much of you in both of them.